With the celebration of the World Book Day as a main motif and to commemorate Cervantes and Shakespeare 4th. Centenary, we have joined forces in several IE departments to organize several activities on the 22nd. of April. Thus, the IE Humanities Center, IE Library, Campus Life, Student Office, Marketing, IE Store, Events Office and IE Editorial, invite you all to actively participate in all events we have organized, framed in The Night of Books, promoted by the Comunidad de Madrid.
The event will take place on the 22 of April, from 15:00 to 17:00 in the garden that is located between buildings MM 31 and MM 31 Bis.
How can you take part in it?
Please choose one or several of the activities described below:
Activity 1.– Do you like reading? And the theatre? Dare to participate in our “Dramatized Readings Contest” of texts chosen from some of the most popular works of Cervantes and Shakespeare. We will have available props!!!! And there will be prizes for the winners of each category!!
• Deadline for registrations: from April the 6th. to April the 15th.
• Please, when you make your registration, indicate in which category you would like to participate, full name, email, language and the text you will read during your performance, also if you will be able to read the text or not (preferably not) during your performance
o Category 1/Monologue. To download and select one of the monologues please click here. Inscription here: http://bit.ly/1RNUPeM 
o Category 2/Dialogue: (2 people). To download and select one of the dialogues please click here. Inscription here: http://bit.ly/1RNUPeM 
o Category 3/Group texts (3 to 5 people): To download and select one of the group texts please click here. Inscription here: http://bit.ly/1RNUPeM 
• Please be here at 3:10 pm in the afternoon not later in order to properly allocate the props.
• Staged readings will take place from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm. Then the jury which consists of expert deans, academicians and professors will issue the verdict and the awards will be granted per category.
• During the week of April the 18th. you will be receiving the order and time of interventions.
• In case you cannot attend please let us know before April the 19th. so we can offer your turn to other participants.
Activity 2.- Book Exchange Corner: Give life to your books!!! Give them away, let them go round, or take the one you want.
• People interested in this activity can deliver their books on the stand prepared for such purpose on April the 22nd. from 3 to 5 pm.
Activity 3.- Photocall with props from the XI century and with your inspiring quotes:
• Send us the quotes which have inspired you most. We will choose the first 25 quotes. Please send them before April the 15th to: email@example.com . Disguise yourself with the props and accessories of the XVI century!!!!
Activity 4.- Special Discounts on Books: Come to our Library-Store in María de Molina, 4 from April the 22nd. until April the 30th. and you will get a 15% discount on books.