26
Sep

Is there an app for improving America’s educational system? Will watching a PowerPoint presentation about the nation’s educational challenge help to understand the opportunities and difficulties facing the country?

Two college dropouts, Steve Jobs (Reed College) and Bill Gates (Harvard University) have articulated theories about education. And their viewpoints are as different as are their companies (Apple and Microsoft, respectively), presenting a contrast in style and philosophy.

If this was not music to the ears of advocates of the humanities, they quickly found a soulmate in Steve Jobs. At an event unveiling new Apple products, Mr. Jobs said: “It’s in Apple’s DNA that technology alone is not enough — it’s technology married with liberal arts, married with the humanities, that yields us the result that makes our heart sing and nowhere is that more true than in these post-PC devices.”

Continue reading in The New York Times

rabaty August 31, 2013 - 4:35 pm

Recommeneded website…

below you’ll find the link to some sites that we think you should visit…

I’d like to find out more? I’d care to find out more details.

magento free shipping labels January 30, 2014 - 7:24 am

Yoou аctuаlly maiе it seem so easy with your
presentɑtion but I find this matter to be actually something that I think I ѡould never understand.

It sees too complеx and vedry road foor me. I’m lookinǥ forward foor your next post, ӏ’ll try to get the hang of
it!