5
Sep

Happy birthday Freddie Mercury

Written on September 5, 2011 by Banafsheh Farhangmehr in Arts & Cultures & Societies, Video

A Google doodle tribute to artist, performer, and pioneer Freddie Mercury for his 65th birthday.

Freddie Mercury at 65: what would he be doing today?

It’s hard to imagine the former Queen frontman aged 65. But to celebrate Freddie Mercury’s immortalisation as a Google doodle, we thought we’d give it a try …

Freddie Mercury would have been 65 today. But what would have happened had he not died? For a start, he wouldn’t have been the lucky recipient of a Google doodle, an animated one, no less, showing the world’s favourite moustachioed rock tenor on a mission through time and space, doing various implausible things alluded to in the lyrics of Queen’s Don’t Stop Me Now, including leaping through space, riding a tiger and racing a car like, er, Lady Godiva. But that was Freddie: he could make the impossible happen with one twirl of his ‘tache, and before you knew it he’d be exploding like an atom bomb and burning through the skies, while prancing across a stage wearing a white pant-suit exposing a full chest of hair.

NME may have been moved to ask, “Is this man a prat?” – Accompanied by a photo of Mercury in a leotard – but everyone loved Freddie, and these days almost everyone loves Queen, even if, for a while, they were considered the ultimate in kitsch bombast.

Continue reading in Guardian

your demise February 20, 2013 - 9:26 pm

I think this is so unreflective of the real Freddie Mercury. Freddie Mercury was a legend and the small credit you give him is shocking. Shame on you! You are a disgrace to the journalistic world! I hope you die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your UN-demise February 20, 2013 - 9:29 pm

You are so wrong! This is SOO reflective of the real freddie mercury. They give him lots of credit!!! Shame on you, your demise, shame on you!

your demise February 20, 2013 - 9:32 pm

Do you really want to go there with me?? I have a degree in art, chemistry, and philosophy. So whatever pathetic thing you can throw at me is only an eighth of what I can say to you!!

your UN-demise February 20, 2013 - 9:33 pm

Ha! I have a degree in artistic criticism, engineering, philosophy, teaching, nursing, biology, chemistry and poning You at everything!

your UN-demise February 20, 2013 - 9:34 pm

pwning – i menat, sorry, i was too busy laughing at your comments!

your UN-demise February 20, 2013 - 9:36 pm

meant – sorry, again, LAUGHING

your demise February 20, 2013 - 9:41 pm

You think thats good well in addition to what I said earlier I have a degree in archery, banking, meteorology. I have worked as a veterinarian, at a lemonade stand, and a coffee shop!!

your UN-demise February 20, 2013 - 9:44 pm

ha ha! I have a degree in professional kernel popping, sword fighting, ancient history, finance and dentistry. I have worked as a dental floss maker, I am a war veteran, i have constructed popcorn bags and I have won every checkers game I’ve ever played! Plus, I have a level 100 Pikachu!

your UN-demise February 20, 2013 - 9:46 pm

I have served at McDonalds and I have worn bowling shoes OUTSIDE of the bowling alley.

your demise February 20, 2013 - 9:54 pm

You think thats cool well I am a level 88 warlock on world of war craft. I also have a level 100 pikachu.
I can speak piglatin, klingon, and an ancient egyptian language called zeecrut. I have completed every zelda game, twice! I also own every Star Trek episode and movie ever made on blueray!

your UN-demise February 20, 2013 - 9:54 pm

Well, I am a level 97 mage in world of warcraft. I have memorized all the pokemon theme songs, i know pig latin, gardabonbon language, english, doogadooga language, and I am an expert in the ancient roman arts of finger painting. I have stuck gum under desks, and I have completed every zelda AND pokemon game 5 times over! I am an official trekky, and an honourable member of the Jedi council. I have only lived in my mothers basement for 5 years and I have only 500 lbs!

your demise February 20, 2013 - 9:57 pm

Oh ya! Well, I have completed the national pokedex in every region!!!!!!!