8
Oct

Saturraran7_2

Arantza de Areilza

This blog forms part of an initiative by IE Business School designed to bring humanities and social sciences closer to the world of business and law, and born of the conviction that humanistic disciplines such as art, history, literature, philosophy or music form an integral part of mankind’s intellectual development. Knowledge moulds the way we perceive and understand the world and ourselves, and enables us to participate in the creation of new values that serve as a catalyst for the change and development that are essential in all modern societies.

The different faces of culture foster the development of the imagination, the appreciation of humanistic values, aesthetic perception and critical reasoning, all of which play a key role in the human capacity for self-betterment and perfectionism. It is a permanent, liberating challenge in everyone’s life, which is the reason it forms a core part of our training programs.

This blog is an invitation to extend the vision of all those who are always curious to know more, and who want to share with us their ideas and experiences in the broad range of fields that comprise our environment.

I would like to take this opportunity to extend my thanks to the blog authors for their enthusiasm for this idea and their generous collaboration. And now, without further ado, it’s my pleasure to invite you to reflect and comment on the first subject, lost paradises, that someone once described like this:

A Frayburu en despedida

¿Oyes como los murmullos de relatos resbalan en el verdín de tus rocas?

¿Las estelas de chalupas nocturnas en contrabando,

el chapoteo alegre de las pozas marinas escondidas, los laberintos de sirenas,

Y el nido de búho en la arboleda?

¿El gorgojeo de la llegada del agua de mar a la piscina probática,

la canción del viento del norte en el cañaveral?

¿Recuerdas la pita en flor envuelta en la rosaleda indomable,

El ancla de galeón en la entrada del zaguán,

Las dunas hechas de tiempo y las  higueras de tentación?

¿Los muros de piedra y las vigas que anuncian tormenta?

Viejo caserío de mirada atávica al mar,

playa de ánimas donde hoy mora una más.

Anonymous October 8, 2007 - 6:46 pm

Good initiative!!
Lost paradises seem to have a proustian flair. “A la recherche du temps perdu”?

TonY October 10, 2007 - 2:13 am

Very nice spanish poem for a sailor.

I am typically to blogging and i really respect your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and preserve checking for new information. April 4, 2012 - 4:29 am

You recognize thus significantly when it comes to this matter, made me for my part consider it from numerous varied angles. Its like men and women aren’t involved except it is something to accomplish with Girl gaga! Your personal stuffs excellent. All the time handle it up!

I have to say that for the last couple of hours i have been hooked by the amazing articles on this website. Keep up the great work. July 10, 2012 - 5:17 am

You actually make it appear so easy with your presentation however I find this matter to be really something that I believe I might never understand. It kind of feels too complicated and very vast for me. I am having a look ahead in your subsequent put up, I’ll attempt to get the hang of it!

Isela May 21, 2015 - 12:12 am

Unquestionably believe that that you said. Your favorite reason seemed to
be on the web the easiest thing to take note of. I say to you, I certainly get irked at the same time as other folks think about issues
that they just do not realize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole
thing with no need side-effects , other folks could take a signal.
Will probably be back to get more. Thank you